Monday, April 6, 2009

Helping Ourselves by Helping Others

Once in a while I will mention a local organization I support and encourage everyone to do the same...with this or any local organization that helps people. Today, I'm sharing information about Island Girl Power Guam directed by an incredible woman, Juanita Blaz. Many of you probably know of IGP and its mission already.

IGP provides a safe place and planned activities for girls 7-14 years of age. Many of the girls who become members are from underprivileged families, but I know of a a few who "just wanna have fun" as we girls tend to do. Girls participate in educational and fun activities such as cooking healthy meals/snacks, music & theater, arts, computers & technology...even jump rope classes!

So, if you would like your girls to become members or you would like to volunteer or donate to a valuable and worthy cause, you are always welcome! Call Juanita and tell her I sent you her way. She would love to hear from you.

ISLAND GIRL POWER information:
www.islandgirlpower.com
Juanita Blaz, Director
#148 Catalina Court, Dededo, Guam 96929
Fax 671-473-3004 Office 671-637-3011 IGP Cell 671-688-4752

No comments:

About Publisher

My photo
Publisher, Certified Manager, community volunteer for PBS Guam, Guam Public Library System, and Guam Community College; GCC alumni; undergrad at Capella University; loves technology, sharing skills and knowledge with others, helping others succeed, spending time with family and friends, and making a difference