It's Friday and I am feeling calm and peaceful this morning. I decided to go searching for websites of some favorite writers. I've even linked with a life coach. The past few weeks, maybe even months, I've been excited about my professional life, but somewhat anxious about my personal life.
As a woman, I can't be "right" when my personal life is out of sorts. How about you? Through the years, I've found that others articulate my thoughts and feelings much better than I. I love it when a person speaks with passion and clarity.
For me, Sarah Ban Breathnach is one of those people. I found her books years ago (Romancing The Ordinary and Something More). I loved her writing...provocative and it felt right. It was like I was thirsting for the things she said. I even envied her confidence and wished I could be "like that". Reading her books, I felt all kinds of emotions...giddy, happy, wowwed, solemn, and wanted to try new things...things that would help me be happy with myself. Isn't that the hardest part for us as women? Caring for self? Body, mind, heart, and soul? When's the last time you consciously took care of yourself in any manner?
Since then, I've come a long way, have learned much, made many friends, and have made it to my 15th wedding anniversary (with my hubby, of course).
"We can consciously decide to be happy, loving, festive, fulfilled, generous, peaceful, contented, spiritual, joyous, calm and emotionally connected to the important people in our lives for the holidays this year. We can at least try. Or we can 'return to Sender' without opening the boon of holiday miracles and gifts waiting for us. It’s our choice. Everyday." (www.simpleabundance.com) by Sarah Ban Breathnach
Peace and love, V
Friday, December 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
About Publisher
- Publisher
- Publisher, Certified Manager, community volunteer for PBS Guam, Guam Public Library System, and Guam Community College; GCC alumni; undergrad at Capella University; loves technology, sharing skills and knowledge with others, helping others succeed, spending time with family and friends, and making a difference
No comments:
Post a Comment