This time of the year I tend to reflect and plan for the upcoming year. As I reflect this Christmas season, I think of people, especially women who have inspired me throughout my life. You may or may not know them and many of them are not famous, but they are very important to those who know and love them...I'm one of them.
Life's Lessons & Unconditional Love:
Teofila (Tilly) Flores+ - mom
Pilar Mendiola Cruz+ - grandma
Maria Toves Flores+ - nana
Rita Cruz Findley+ - aunt
Daria, Josephine, Priscilla, Rosalin (aunts)
Tina, Verne, Mem (sisters)
Ria, Lauren, Paulina, Nikki, Jesusenta, Tippy (goddaughters)
Gen, Ash, Tiara (nieces)
Friendship & Mentoring Can Happen Anywhere:
Pat, Leticia, Susan, Maria, Barb - Goodwill Industries of Sacramento
Lois, Barb, Lynn, Lisa, Rosie, Tico, Cathy, Marsha, Clare, Tasha, Marilyn, Tamara, Toni, Johanna, Vangie, Evelyn, Leilani, Arlene, Ann, Pat Lam, Phi Theta Kappa women - Guam Community College
Mary - Dept of Military Affairs
Chilang, Pat, Bertha Rose - Dept of Administration
Denise, Angie, Lisa - Real Woman Magazine
Corine, Lou - Vancouver, WA
Rena Cruz, Nerissa Carino, Bernie Tudela, Christine Fejeran, (Ordot Elementary)
Joyce Santos, Annie Cepeda, Geri Iriarte (Agueda Jr High & GWHS)
There are many more women and men, old and young, who inspire me each day. You are all in my thoughts.
I encourage you to take a break...a whole day off work or a weekend away to reflect on the past year's blessings and things learned. Love yourself and send "thinking of you" notes to those who have loved you in little ways that affected you in a big way. We all know that it's the little things that matter most.
I wish you love and many beautiful Christmas blessings.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
About Publisher
- Publisher
- Publisher, Certified Manager, community volunteer for PBS Guam, Guam Public Library System, and Guam Community College; GCC alumni; undergrad at Capella University; loves technology, sharing skills and knowledge with others, helping others succeed, spending time with family and friends, and making a difference
No comments:
Post a Comment