heroic adjective. renowned for great strength, courage, and daring; celebration of special achievements and attributes
Hello and hafa adai. My name is Vera Flores Dela Cruz...born and raised on Guam, a U.S. territory...where America's day begins.
After working with a great woman, Denise Mendiola-Hertslet, a heroine in our community and the founder of Real Woman Magazine, I found a new passion that molds well with my other passions...media...and, even more exciting, it's "new media". Thanks to the cost of printing magazines, I was driven to find a more cost-effective way to communicate to women and customers. What a wonderful surprise! I found a way fulfill my goals with little to no expenses and ultimate power to speak to women of Micronesia and even the world. Here you see Heroic Women born.
This blogsite is dedicated to all the women in my life...past, present and future. As individuals we make things happen. Our power is invigorating and humbling...we bring the leaders and shakers into this world.
My goals for this blogsite is to create a place for women of Micronesia (homegrown, those who make our islands their home, and those how reside throughout the world) to share their experiences, thoughts, dreams, and positive insights. I revel in the sharing and delight in each of your successes.
You can participate in the blogs by commenting...this begins our dialogue... OR you can be a regular contributor. For contributors, I'll need to see sample writings and then I can set you up. For those who wrote for RW in the past, you are most welcome to contribute to Heroic Women. Just click "comment" beneath this blog and state your cause.
Here's to you (and me), and all the successes we shall share. Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! Season's Greetings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
About Publisher
- Publisher
- Publisher, Certified Manager, community volunteer for PBS Guam, Guam Public Library System, and Guam Community College; GCC alumni; undergrad at Capella University; loves technology, sharing skills and knowledge with others, helping others succeed, spending time with family and friends, and making a difference
No comments:
Post a Comment